This applies if you are going to have a long engagement but it can also be applied after you get married. Yeah, we always clean our hands with soap but that doesn’t mean that it also cleans the engagement and wedding rings especially if you work outdoors or in the kitchen. If you want to take good care of your sparkle and clean it as good as new, read our tips!
What to do:
· Insure your wedding ring. Insuring your wedding ring means providing its description, the carat, the cut and the metal. You can also submit a close-up photo of your ring just to be sure.
· Clean it often. Soak it in a hot water with a dishwashing liquid. Let it sit there for 20 minutes and brush it with a soft bristle toothbrush. And rinse it with warm running water.
· Store it safely. When you need to take it off, do not just put in on top of the counter. It has a big possibility to be lost. So buy a jewelry box for your sparkles. In that way you know where to keep and find them.
What not to do:
· Avoid wearing your wedding ring when cleaning your bathroom with bleach and chlorine and other household chemicals. This will wear off the color and will damage your ring.
· Do not clean it with ultrasonic jewelry cleaning machine. It can damage the stone of you made a slight, just a slight error in workmanship. Have it cleaned by the jeweler if you want it to be cleaned by ultrasonic.
· Avoid mixing your diamonds with your other jewels. As we all learned in science, diamond is the hardest substance and it can cut other gems, too! So to prevent this from happening, store it in a different jewelry box.